All of us have read the story of Robert Bruce and the Spider.
How the king - Robert Bruce, after being defeated 6 times was lying in the woods when he saw a spider weaving a web. Every time the spider tried to throw the thread to make the web, she failed and fell down. The seventh time the spunky spider won. This inspired the king to rise again and finally he won the battle.
But in real life , how many times should we try ?
Let me tell you the story of KFC .
- Steven Spielberg was rejected 3 times by the University of Southern California before he decided to become a director
- Sylvester Stallone was rejected 1500 times when he tried to sell himself and the script of "Rocky"
- J K Rowling was rejected by a dozen publishers. Her first Harry Potter book got published because the CEO's 8 year old daughter begged him to publish it.
- Beethoven's teachers thought him to be hopeless in music. He composed his greatest works when he was completely deaf.
- Vincent Van Gogh never saw success in his lifetime. But his works are considered to be the greatest paintings ever done .
- Finally Thomas Edison. He only lasted three months in school where his teachers said he was "too stupid to learn anything." He eventually was home schooled by his mom. In talking about his invention of the light bulb, he said :
It is up to you to decide how many times you should try before giving up !